Sun damage treatments
Brisbane has the highest amount of UV radiation of the capital cities. Sun damaged maybe treated with new treatments such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels and PDT.
- Sun damage may present as uneven skin pigmentation, areas of persistent roughness, advanced wrinkling and decreased skin tone.
- Solar keratoses, a form of sun damage may present as persistent red scaly areas on the face and hands.
- Solar keratoses can be considered a pre-cancerous lesion and should be treated
- Treatment of sun damage can decrease the incidence of skin cancer, but also have a cosmetic benefit
- Photodynamic Therapy and laser resurfacing gives the best cosmetic outcome, whilst Efudix therapy is the most cost effective method of treating sun damage.