Photodynamic therapy is a recent and highly effective way to treat superficial skin cancers, and sunspots, including solar keratoses. This treatment is minimally invasive with little or no scarring. Compared with other treatment methods, recovery is quicker with PDT.
- PDT can be used to treat superficial skin cancers and sunspots.
- Treatments are well tolerated, and quick to perform.
- For the treatment of sunspots, downtime is much less compared to older treatments such as Efudix.
- Scarring is less compared to surgery for the treatment of skin cancers.
- PDT can also cosmetically rejuvenate UV damaged skin.